CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 17, 2009

First Day of School 2009- 2010

And we're off!
I can't believe it's already time for school to start. It seems like we just finished up the last year. Oh wait, we did :) We had a short break, but now we are ready to get moving again. We are using My Father's World again this year. We focused on American history last year with Adventures. This year we are using MFW's Exploring Countries and Cultures and working on world geography with a special focus on missions and Bible translations. Here are some of the books we'll be using as the year progresses.


We had our first day on August 3, 2009. The girls were uber excited and were dressed and ready to begin long before I rolled out of bed in the morning. Here they are for our traditional first day of school picture. Cute, aren't they?

Sadey is in Pk4 this year. For those of you who are as clueless about these things as I used to be, that just means that she's a 4 year old preschooler. We'll be using a combination of things, but mainly Before Five in a Row and Letter of the Week. I'll come back later and post links to both of those programs - too lazy to do that right this moment :)


Hard to believe it, but Delaney is officially a 2nd grader! She's doing ECC with Sydney, but she's also working hard at math and language arts this year. We are using Math U See, Primary Language Lessons, Children Liberty Press's Nature Readers and we'll be doing something for spelling. Not quite sure what yet, but definitely something.


Sydney is officially a 5th grader. It's her last year as an elementary student *sniff sniff* She's doing ECC, and will also be using Writing Strands, Intermediate Language Lessons, Math U See and...something for spelling. I should probably choose a curriculum before the year gets away from us.
We have our books and took some pictures - guess we're ready to get this school year started! Stay tuned. I hope to actually post more updates this year.


1 comment:

Laura said...

And, I'm just getting over here to read this. Sorry.

I would be very interested to hear about the lessons in Bible translations, mostly for my own interest :)