So today was the first day of school! *ahem* Notice how I'm totally ignoring the fact that I haven't been here since April *ahem* I can't believe I have THREE school kids now!!!! I haven't taken a coolio picture of all our school materials yet - but I will after the rest of the haul arrives.
We decided to switch gears a bit and not do My Father's World with the older two girls this year. Instead, we are using a mix of things - Mystery of History, Apologia Anatomy, Bob Jones reading, Time4Learning, Lutheran Study Bible and the small cathechism to name a few. Sadey is doing MFW's Kindergarten program though. We're only on day 1, but so far so good.
Day 1 wrap up: Bible, Art, Music and PE for the older two and discussed day 1 of Creation with Sadey. She also learned about the letters Aa and Bb and went on a scavenger hunt for the number 1. She loved that. She started her Creation Book today. I could not convince her that God made light without making the sun even though she knows that He made the sun on day 4....so she added it to her picture. I can see how that would torment her little noodle.

No comments:
Post a Comment