Ok, ok. So we aren't completely finished with our first full week of school. But we are on day 5. And it's Tuesday. Which is practically Wednesday. Which is halfway to Friday! So it's almost like we've completed a full week. Isn't it?
So far we are LOVING our new curriculum choices!

The girls did an awesome apple mummification experiment in science. Can you guess what will happen? More pictures to follow as the week-long experiment progresses.

In history, they made self portraits as they studied Creation and how man was created in His image. It was a very cool lesson. And giggly. Which is never a bad thing.
So far we are LOVING our new curriculum choices!

The girls did an awesome apple mummification experiment in science. Can you guess what will happen? More pictures to follow as the week-long experiment progresses.

In history, they made self portraits as they studied Creation and how man was created in His image. It was a very cool lesson. And giggly. Which is never a bad thing.

Sydney has been enjoying her BJUP reading book. This is our first year using an actual reading program. So far she's learned about determining purpose and foreshadowing. Good stuff. She also likes spreading out all her books on the couch and snuggling in for an afternoon of school work. She doesn't look very happy in this picture, but that's just because I'm taking her picture :)

Both Delaney and Sydney are using Time4Learning.com for language arts and some math. D has been using it since May but Sydney's only been using it for a week. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. To be honest, the math bugs me because I think it moves pretty fast through the explanations and there doesn't seem to be enough practice. Both girls seem to be happy with it though and I have seen some progress. Delaney did the 2nd grade language arts level over the summer and it improved her reading skills immensely. I can't really argue with that! Sydney is using Math U See Epsilon (fractions) for her main math program but is reviewing other concepts on T4L. She tells me that she LOVES T4L language arts. Again, I can't argue when an 11 year old BEGS to do her schoolwork every morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment